Water covers 3/4 of the earth’s surface and all living organisms need water to grow and survive which is why the water cycle is important. learning about the water cycle should be fun. I compiled a list of 10 water cycle activities that will definitely make the kids amazed. Also, don’t forget to check out my Freebie! It is a set of 16 task cards that come in color or black and white. Just print, laminate for durability, and use! A recording sheet is included.
Activities / Experiments
You can check out the detailed instructions through each link and then come back for more ideas!
1. How clouds make rain experiment – Mrs. Jones’ Creation Station
3. Discovery bottle activity – Little Bins for Little Hands
4. Make a Terrarium – OPC
6. Simple evaporation experiment – Capri Plus 3
7. Water Cycle in a bag – Rookie Parenting Science
8. Cloud in a jar – Playdough to Plato
9. Shaving cream rain clouds – One Little Project
10. Design a flip book animation based on the water cycle (This is one of my favorites!) – Meet Penny
if you have your own classroom you might also want to get a water cycle model activity set that you can use in centers. It is so much fun! I would recommend this model set.
You can see it being used in this video: