These items found on Amazon help children learn the letters efficiently and enjoyably. The alphabets are the building blocks of language and in order to learn how to read and write, they must be able to recognize each letter as well as the sounds connected with that letter. They must also know the letters in order and out of order.
Learning the alphabet should begin in early childhood when the brain is fast at grasping information and making them stick. It is recommended to start learning the letters even before preschool age. The most important tip is make learning fun! Use a variety of learning tools – not just alphabet books. Children need to create, touch, and use their senses in order to learn quickly and effectively.
You can click on any of the affiliate links or the pictures to take a look at the products more closely. Are there other items you think should be added to the list? Leave them in the comments below and I will be sure to take a look!
1. LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set – This is a #1 best seller. The child will learn the letters with fun learning songs and colorful letter tiles that talk.
2. Play-Doh Shape and Learn Letters and Language – Explore letter recognition and practice letter sounds with tools and activities. Also helps promote matching and self expression.
3. Sequence Letters Game – Fun game for 2-4 players ages 4-7. Players need to sound out letters and match it to the beginning sound of the picture on the game board. Includes upper and lowercase letters.
4. Drawing And Magnetic Letters Learning Board – This will definitely help them use their writing skills to draw and create art.
5. LeapFrog LeapReader Deluxe Writing Workbook: Learn to Write Letters with Mr. Pencil – This features a 20 page story with 45 tracing and writing activities and more than 400 interactive responses. Teaches upper and lower case letters, letter sounds, stroke order, and handwriting.
6. 36-piece Letters and numbers Foam Mat – Bright colors to stimulate early child development. Easy to assemble or dismantle. Will help with letter recognition.
7. Super WHY! ABC Letter Game – Top selling ABC game in America. Introduces children to rhyming and early phonics.
8. Melissa & Doug ABC Picture Boards – This includes cute illustrations and sturdy wood for years of play. Encourages letter, word, and color recognition; promotes matching, memory, and fine motor skills.
9. Peaceable Kingdom Alphabet Go Fish Matching Card Game – Who said you cant learn the letters by playing the classic game of Go Fish?
10. Wishland Magnetic Letters Tabletop Easel Board – Double sided magnetic writing board that expands kids play and imagination.